A SELF-MADE MAN takes a candid look at what it means to be transgender, told through an intimate portrait of trans youth advocate Tony Ferraiolo. As Tony comes to terms with all the complexities of his own life as a female-to-male transgender person, his story is echoed by the kids in the youth group and their parents as they grapple with the reality of their uncertain future. It is a scary time as they make the transition journey from one gender to the other. This is a story about someone who helps them get there safely. Director Lori Petchers in attendance!
A SELF-MADE MAN
- Directed By: Lori Petchers
- USA / 56 min
- Screening: Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM
- Plays with Practical Things and Memory of a Butterfly
- Location: Hollywood Theatre
- Sponsored By: QDoc ~ Portland Queer Documentary Film Festival