Jasmine introduces and ends her film with letters to her father explaining the difficulties she has faced with her unstable living situation. Jasmine’s mother is estranged, and her father is in prison, but she has worked though these challenges, graduated from high school and enrolled in college. She was forced to grow up too fast, but stood up to the challenge, and working towards constructing a better future for herself.
WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS
- Directed By: Jasmine Barclay
- USA / 9 min
- Screening: Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM
- Screens in Shorts VI: POWGirls / Youth
- Location: Hollywood Theatre
- Sponsored By: Faerie Godmother Family Fund & Portland Community Media